• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen ncash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpeterson4141

MN is where I reside**************..My ex-girlfriend recently stole $6,195 from in cash. I had it in our house because of my poor credit and I don't trust banks. Anyway, recently we got into an argument and I went to stay at a nearby hotel where I had the money with me. I began drinking alcohol which I shouldn't have because I'm an alcoholic plus I have diabetes. She ended up calling 911 and they came to the hotel and brought me to the hospital. Before I left, I handed her a bag that contained a few things like my cell phone and the $6,195. She said she would take care of it. Well, low and behold while I was in the hospital she took the money and had an order of protection put against me so I couldn't come to her house looking for the money. I have received almost all of my other property back from her. My parents have to make one more trip to her house for the rest of it......we lived together for 5 months. Here's an important piece of information because she's claiming to everybody else including the police that she never had the money. Ok, here it is. On the same day that she had the ambulance pick me up, she called my brother and my sister-in law on 2 separate occassions and said that the ambulance had picked me up and that she had a large amount of cash of mine. She told my sister in law that she was going to lock it up in my car so nobody could take it. She told my brother that she had a large amount of money of mine and was worried about it because she didn't want to feel responsible for it. One more piece of info**************she came and saw me in the hospital a few times and talked with my mother and said how her kids missed me and told me she loved me**************.and then all of a sudden this order of protection out of the clear blue???????? Bottom line, I'm taking her to small claims court......do I have a chance at winning? I have no proof of the exact $6,195 because she took all of my record of deposits and withdrawals that I was making into the original safe. What can I do? I'm sick about all this!!!!

Antigone*

MN is where I reside**************..My ex-girlfriend recently stole $6,195 from in cash. I had it in our house because of my poor credit and I don't trust banks. Anyway, recently we got into an argument and I went to stay at a nearby hotel where I had the money with me. I began drinking alcohol which I shouldn't have because I'm an alcoholic plus I have diabetes. She ended up calling 911 and they came to the hotel and brought me to the hospital. Before I left, I handed her a bag that contained a few things like my cell phone and the $6,195. She said she would take care of it. Well, low and behold while I was in the hospital she took the money and had an order of protection put against me so I couldn't come to her house looking for the money. I have received almost all of my other property back from her. My parents have to make one more trip to her house for the rest of it......we lived together for 5 months. Here's an important piece of information because she's claiming to everybody else including the police that she never had the money. Ok, here it is. On the same day that she had the ambulance pick me up, she called my brother and my sister-in law on 2 separate occassions and said that the ambulance had picked me up and that she had a large amount of cash of mine. She told my sister in law that she was going to lock it up in my car so nobody could take it. She told my brother that she had a large amount of money of mine and was worried about it because she didn't want to feel responsible for it. One more piece of info**************she came and saw me in the hospital a few times and talked with my mother and said how her kids missed me and told me she loved me**************.and then all of a sudden this order of protection out of the clear blue???????? Bottom line, I'm taking her to small claims court......do I have a chance at winning? I have no proof of the exact $6,195 because she took all of my record of deposits and withdrawals that I was making into the original safe. What can I do? I'm sick about all this!!!!
No one can tell you what your chances are. You said you have no proof, so if that is what you are going to say to the judge, consider your case lost.

sandyclaus

As an admitted alcoholic who refuses to seek help to stop drinking, even though his health is a serious concern, I would probably have taken that money away from you as well. Take away your drinking money and you have to figure out something else to do.

I'll just bet there's a LOT more to this story than the little bit you're telling. For instance, you never mentioned WHY the g/f took out the order of protection. Is it possible there has been domestic violence in the picture? Verbal and/or physical abuse? Child neglect and/or abuse to the kids? Danger to self and/or others is good reason for issuance of an order of protection. Of course, you are most likely too drunk to realize that you are doing it most of the time...

My best advice is to sober up for good. Get into a program, clean up and get the counseling you need. Then perhaps you can pursue that money you claim to have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">