• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen property and left out in the cold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

landivarcarreno

I was living in Miami, fl with my ex fiancé in 2007. He was on a business visa working in his company there, and I was doing work for him while we travel in USA for his contracts. I am Canadian, and since I could stay in USA for a longer period of time and with no problem on have access to some of the things that locals residents do, I ended up handling and using mainly my name for the basic everyday living things. He decided to end the professional and personal relation when I took a trip to Ecuador on Dic 07, and I was left out stock in this country.
After that I have had one problem after another economically since he blocked our account at Wachovia and left me with pocket money. He took my car away from my parking lot because it had problems with the insurance and the car tag renewal, they were not paid by the company anymore, and the car could not be park on the building’s lot without this. Because of that I have a fine and a suspension on my license. Also my personal belongings are in our apartment.
I have try to communicate with him, and I can only get as an answer that I should resolve this, I do not have money to resolve things, what can I do? I already wrote to the DMV and their answer was to declare the car stolen if I did not find out anything else. Since I will have to make a specific trip to Miami for this matter, I will really need some clear guidance and answers on what to do before I go there.

Antigone*

I was living in Miami, fl with my ex fiancé in 2007. He was on a business visa working in his company there, and I was doing work for him while we travel in USA for his contracts. I am Canadian, and since I could stay in USA for a longer period of time and with no problem on have access to some of the things that locals residents do, I ended up handling and using mainly my name for the basic everyday living things. He decided to end the professional and personal relation when I took a trip to Ecuador on Dic 07, and I was left out stock in this country.
After that I have had one problem after another economically since he blocked our account at Wachovia and left me with pocket money. He took my car away from my parking lot because it had problems with the insurance and the car tag renewal, they were not paid by the company anymore, and the car could not be park on the building’s lot without this. Because of that I have a fine and a suspension on my license. Also my personal belongings are in our apartment.
I have try to communicate with him, and I can only get as an answer that I should resolve this, I do not have money to resolve things, what can I do? I already wrote to the DMV and their answer was to declare the car stolen if I did not find out anything else. Since I will have to make a specific trip to Miami for this matter, I will really need some clear guidance and answers on what to do before I go there.
There isn't much you can do if you do not have the resources. You might just want to cut your losses and start fresh.

landivarcarreno

I am basically doing that, and I need a clean start. I do not have had access to the car in the past year, sine he took it away, and unless I can retrieve the car to get insurance, my license back and pay my fine, there is no way to get that fresh start. I will have those things pending on my records in Florida.
So I want to make sure if reporting the car stolen in MIA will be the way to go, and also if there is any lawyer that would like to handle this case and get this guy back on some of the stuff. I could cover my expenses but I don't want to go ahead and use more money on top of what I have lost already...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">