• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Xbox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

antipop885

I live in minnesota. I had left my xbox over at my ex friend's house for two days , and when i came back it was gone. I had then found out that he had pawned off the xbox and all of my games. I was wondering if i can sue him, and if i can sue him for the price that i had paid it.

djohnson

You can sue anyone for anything. At best for the replacement cost. Your problems however is going to be proving you purchased one (original receipt) then proving you left it at his house (he could have bought one too and the burden of proof is on you not him) then prove he pawned one (by pawn tickets) then prove the one he pawned was yours and not his his great aunt Ida gave him for Christmas. Do you see where your problems are?

JETX

Actually, it isn't all that hard. Simply, go down to the local courthouse and file your lawsuit. Then, show up on the date/time for your trial. Give your version of the facts to the court. If the court believes your version, you will win. And if the court doesn't (based on what the defendant claims), you won't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">