• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped Check Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dakoda30

What is the name of your state? Missourri

I rented a station in a salon. We paid ahead for the upcoming week. I found a different salon to go to. When the owner found out before I could give my notice, she packed my things for me and told me to leave. She would not even let me in the salon to get the rest of my belongings. I had all ready written her 2 rent checks ahead of time. She did not give them back when she gave me my belongings so I stopped payment on them. Now she is threatening to turn them over saying that a "stop payment" is the same as a "closed account" or "INF" They are totally different, right? I did not write the checks on bad intention, but she did not let me work the time the rent checks were for. What should I do? Do I need to get a legal council or can she really do anything besides harass me?

JETX

She has no claim against you.
And NSF in Missouri is NOT the same as an NSF or closed account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">