• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rckrazed

What is the name of your state? West palm beach,Florida.....Hello and thanks in advance ,here is the problem,Did work of installing an outside shower and examine an inside shower to try and stop a shower head from leaking.found the shower inside to have a faulty cartridge.was foriegn faucet ,no model or replacement near so put back together and informed i couldn.t stop the leak,finnished the installation of outside shower and collected final payment that was due upon completion as my customer signed contract states.he signed off and payed me..weeks later recieved it in mail from bank stating payment stopped..Option i am doing is filing small claims in amount of $227 original bill and say $233total for (time spent)filing this= $500 ...is this OK. or on statement of claim i only put $227 less (time spent and court costs)...Very confusing****************************i called and asked this fella why he stopped it and told me he was unhappy with work that was done allthough day of work he signed his check and my contract as completed and rendered only to stop it without calling me or stating he was unhappy..also note check was signed and handed to me 4/20/06 and stopped payment on 4/24/06 if any concelation

seniorjudge

rckrazed said:
What is the name of your state? West palm beach,Florida.....Hello and thanks in advance ,here is the problem,Did work of installing an outside shower and examine an inside shower to try and stop a shower head from leaking.found the shower inside to have a faulty cartridge.was foriegn faucet ,no model or replacement near so put back together and informed i couldn.t stop the leak,finnished the installation of outside shower and collected final payment that was due upon completion as my customer signed contract states.he signed off and payed me..weeks later recieved it in mail from bank stating payment stopped..Option i am doing is filing small claims in amount of $227 original bill and say $233total for (time spent)filing this= $500 ...is this OK. or on statement of claim i only put $227 less (time spent and court costs)...Very confusing****************************i called and asked this fella why he stopped it and told me he was unhappy with work that was done allthough day of work he signed his check and my contract as completed and rendered only to stop it without calling me or stating he was unhappy..also note check was signed and handed to me 4/20/06 and stopped payment on 4/24/06 if any concelation
I would sue for as much as you wanted to sue for; if you sue for too much, the court will tell you.

Make sure you can document the stopped payment on the check. That looks bad for him and good for you.

rckrazed

Thanks For Quick reply.

Thanks again ..now it seems he left his house here on the intercoastal and went to his place in the city.so how can i serve this guy?i need a new york address and i am not James Rockford or Magnup Pi....This is going to be tough,anyone know statue of limitation on this?Thanks again in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">