• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

storage fees on unauthorized repairs on motorcycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwitt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am currently defending myself in small claims for storage fees in the amount of $3000.00. My soon to be ex husband too my motorcycle I bought after we were separated but were trying to work things out. He took it and kept it hidden from me for over a year. I was awarded the bike from our judge. I was advised it was at a shop undergoing repairs and still had a balance of about $325 that I agreed to pay on Aug 26, 2011. When I contacted the shop they advised me there was storage fees and the amount was over $1200.00. I called my divorce attorney and she filed a motion to recind our agreement. The judge then told me I would be responsible for and all costs. Needless to say I am frustrated. In December when the judge put this in effect it was December. I contacted the mechanics shop and the fees were over $3000.00 now. After multiple attempts to settle with them I received small claims suit against me.

I was never notified about the storage fees accumulating until August. I couldn't pick it up until it was awarded to me per my attorney. Also I never authorized any repairs to be dine and I am the owner of the bike. The shop owner told me because we were still married he was authorized to make the repairs. The shop owner knew of the separation and divorce proceedings even though he denies it because he is the brother of my soon to be ex husbands fiance. Is there anyway I can fight these fees and costs? I offerred him $1000.00 but he refused. I need help please.

Thank you
Frustrated

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am currently defending myself in small claims for storage fees in the amount of $3000.00. My soon to be ex husband too my motorcycle I bought after we were separated but were trying to work things out. He took it and kept it hidden from me for over a year. I was awarded the bike from our judge. I was advised it was at a shop undergoing repairs and still had a balance of about $325 that I agreed to pay on Aug 26, 2011. When I contacted the shop they advised me there was storage fees and the amount was over $1200.00. I called my divorce attorney and she filed a motion to recind our agreement. The judge then told me I would be responsible for and all costs. Needless to say I am frustrated. In December when the judge put this in effect it was December. I contacted the mechanics shop and the fees were over $3000.00 now. After multiple attempts to settle with them I received small claims suit against me.

I was never notified about the storage fees accumulating until August. I couldn't pick it up until it was awarded to me per my attorney. Also I never authorized any repairs to be dine and I am the owner of the bike. The shop owner told me because we were still married he was authorized to make the repairs. The shop owner knew of the separation and divorce proceedings even though he denies it because he is the brother of my soon to be ex husbands fiance. Is there anyway I can fight these fees and costs? I offerred him $1000.00 but he refused. I need help please.

Thank you
Frustrated
tell the shop owner to keep the bike.

mwitt

I think these fees are exaggerated because of the relationship between the owner and my ex husband. And this bike is very important to me. I would hate to see it go.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think these fees are exaggerated because of the relationship between the owner and my ex husband. And this bike is very important to me. I would hate to see it go.
Well then, you may have a choice to make...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">