• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student purposely broke my laptop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I'm sorry I inserted myself in to a discussion with a member of the species who is in the age range that makes them all-knowing. I'm out.
I beg your pardon, Zigner. I AM all-knowing ...

... Oh. Wait. Are you talking about veoozo?

Veoozo, unless the kid confesses to smashing your computer - and even I wouldn't admit to that without proof that the bag-drop damaged the computer - you are not going to get him to pay to replace your computer. I recommend you take Zigner's advice and purchase a new, less-expensive computer and transfer your data. I wish you success with your classes this year.

Just Blue

I'm sorry I inserted myself in to a discussion with a member of the species who is in the age range that makes them all-knowing. I'm out.
Depending on said member of the species age range is 12-25. After 25, for the most part, they are a little less feral.:cool:

veoozo

One kid told the school that he heard a thump and saw the bag in front of the student with me yelling at him. The school won't do anything with that information. If I file a small claims lawsuit, is there even a chance of winning? Is it up to the judge?

quincy

One kid told the school that he heard a thump and saw the bag in front of the student with me yelling at him. The school won't do anything with that information. If I file a small claims lawsuit, is there even a chance of winning? Is it up to the judge?
I do not see much chance of you winning, no. A thump alone does not a broken computer make.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">