• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stupidly loaned money to friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jase923

What is the name of your state? Texas

I couple of months ago, I loaned a friend $510 by depositing a personal check into his checking account. The verbal agreement was that he would give me $255 out of his following two paychecks. Well, it's been several paychecks later, and I still haven't received any payments. The first couple of times, he said that he had other unexpected expenses arise that drained his checking account. He still claims that he'll pay me back, but he is now almost impossible to contact. I'm beginning to think that I'll never see that money. Also, I have no documentation of this other than the actual check itself. I didn't even bother to write "loan" in the memo field of the check. Do I have a chance in small claims court?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">