• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subletter owes me money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwurst

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I sublet my apartment to someone this summer and we had made an agreement that he would pay me for the electric bill over the summer. He never paid me for the electric bills and will not answer my calls/texts. the total bill from the time he was there is $270. There was also about $100 of kitchen items missing. Is there anything I can do to get my money from him? He lives in a different state but I do have his name, address and phone number.

Thanks!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I sublet my apartment to someone this summer and we had made an agreement that he would pay me for the electric bill over the summer. He never paid me for the electric bills and will not answer my calls/texts. the total bill from the time he was there is $270. There was also about $100 of kitchen items missing. Is there anything I can do to get my money from him? He lives in a different state but I do have his name, address and phone number.

Thanks!
You will have to sue him in his home state.

swalsh411

AND prove he agreed to pay the electric bill. As for the kitchen items? You can pretty much forget about those.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">