• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surfer_pup1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am taking a contractor to small claims court.
The contractor did work that damaged Verizon wires. Verizon charged me $200 for the repair and the contractor will not reimburse me.
I have a monthly bill from Verizon that only states labor $200. They will not give a more detailed description of the work unless it is by subpoena.

I am representing myself. The court house cannot help me with forms to send Verizon which is in Texas. In searching for forms there is an Information Subpoena but it lists questions about bank accounts and employer information which has no bearing on what I need.

Can I use this form and modify it, removing the bank etc questions and adding my own?
Is there another form I can use.

I am hoping I can do this on my own without going through the court since time is short.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The subpoena you need is not a fill-in-the-blank form. You may need an attorney to draft it, and don't expect to get an answer "quickly." I suspect that it will cost you more than $200 to get the information you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">