• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena a witness for my small claims appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Room

My state is California and the small claims appeal is in Alameda County

Hi,

I want to subpoena a witness for my small claims appeal, but it is only 7 days away. Is it too late to serve the small claims appeal form. I found the judicial council form for filling out, but I cannot find any information about how much notice is legally required.

Thanks,

C.

Last edited:

CalifAtty-9

Room said:
My state is California and the small claims appeal is in Alameda County

Hi,

I want to subpoena a witness for my small claims appeal, but it is only 7 days away. Is it too late to serve the small claims appeal form. I found the judicial council form for filling out, but I cannot find any information about how much notice is legally required.

Thanks,

C.

My response:

There is no minimum number of days for testimony, only. However, if that person is commanded to bring ANY documents to court, then you must give that person a minimum of 20 days Notice.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">