• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue Boyfriend? pattern of deceit? health?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristenja

Continued here.....

sorry to post this here... this is my question/situation. I would like to sue my 6 year live in boyfriend. I am 43 yr old woman. He is 55yr old man. Reason I include this is he is old enough to know better, also we are from San Francisco... very sexually health aware area. For about a year I have been having sort of gynecaological issues... never was an STD but just bacteria infection, etc... I went to the Dr. for stuff about 12 times. Anyway.. I caught him looking a erotic services stuff this summer and I got really confrontational wanting to know if he was doing stuff that might not be healthy. He replied in texts because we were working that he just looks and "how dare I accuse him, etc" , "you're crazy", etc. Well just this week i looked on his bank statement and he has monthly charges to a sex site, has his picture of his genitals saying he only likes "skin to skin". Also lots of charges to massage parlors. The key here is I have saved texts where he is saying he never ever does anything like that and "or course know this would put you at risk", etc. I have lost alot of work while going to these dr appts, that could have been caused by sex with others, of course it wasn't exactly an STD. I would like to sue for something like "pattern of deceit". or anything... he is old enough to know better. how do I do about making him realize this is serious stuff? thanks

Gail in Georgia

Bacterial vaginosis is depressingly common, even in women who are not sexually active. You have no proof that your boyfriend visiting online sites and getting massages caused any of these bacterial infections.

Gail

Proserpina

sorry to post this here... this is my question/situation. I would like to sue my 6 year live in boyfriend. I am 43 yr old woman. He is 55yr old man. Reason I include this is he is old enough to know better, also we are from San Francisco... very sexually health aware area. For about a year I have been having sort of gynecaological issues... never was an STD but just bacteria infection, etc... I went to the Dr. for stuff about 12 times. Anyway.. I caught him looking a erotic services stuff this summer and I got really confrontational wanting to know if he was doing stuff that might not be healthy. He replied in texts because we were working that he just looks and "how dare I accuse him, etc" , "you're crazy", etc. Well just this week i looked on his bank statement and he has monthly charges to a sex site, has his picture of his genitals saying he only likes "skin to skin". Also lots of charges to massage parlors. The key here is I have saved texts where he is saying he never ever does anything like that and "or course know this would put you at risk", etc. I have lost alot of work while going to these dr appts, that could have been caused by sex with others, of course it wasn't exactly an STD. I would like to sue for something like "pattern of deceit". or anything... he is old enough to know better. how do I do about making him realize this is serious stuff? thanks

You have no legal recourse based upon your post.

latigo

You have no legal cause of action. None whatsoever.

But what do you intend to do? Continue to cohabit with this whoremonger until he afflicts you with a disease that is not treatable? Live in constant fear of it? What the hell kind of relationship is that?

And please don't be so naive as to think that coaxing, cajoling and threats or anything short of neutering will change his licentious habits, because they won’t work! Men like that do not change. Historically they do not change! I’ve worked with too many clients that have been married to them to believe otherwise

Moreover, you’ve probably just scratched the surface of his lechery.

I know you are emotionally devastated and I wish you well. But it is better than wasting away and dying of AIDS.

Trickster

You know on the flip side of the coin with what all you say you have going on down there your boyfriend may get a rash or a strange itch and want to sue you. But can you sue him? Sure, you can sue the president or the governor of your state if you like. The trouble in lawsuits is they are easily filed and hard to win. The detail you just described is the tip of the iceberg in discovery from adverse counsel. I'd let it go and get my hoochie checked and remember that you are old enough to know better as well.... :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">