• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue a dissolved corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beason

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in VA but the company i am attempting to sue is in MD. The company is listed in the MD state corp commission as active. The registered agent of the company is another corporation in MD that is listed as dissolved. I was able to get the registered agent information of the dissolved company from the MD state corporation commission. I have attempted to call numerous times get the money owed to me for the last 18 months now and it has resulted in having to take the next step. What are my options? Can i sue the individual who is the registered agent in MD?

A lawyer here in Richmond, VA (my home) told me to fill out an afidavit of service process asn a warrent in debt at the VA supreme court to begin the process. The initial amount owed is $1000 and the lawyer told me i can legally tack on 6% int. monthly totaling around $2500 total owed now.

Any advice on next steps? Thank you all

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">