• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue ex-boyfriend for unpaid med bills fm prenancy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayden321

I am from CA. Can I sue my ex boyfriend (he had left when I was 9 weeks into the pregnancy) for 2 things once paternity is established:
1) the medical bills that occurred from pregnancy
2) the cost of formula, diapers, clothes, babysitting, and toys since the child's birth ?
:confused:

sandyclaus

I am from CA. Can I sue my ex boyfriend (he had left when I was 9 weeks into the pregnancy) for 2 things once paternity is established:
1) the medical bills that occurred from pregnancy
2) the cost of formula, diapers, clothes, babysitting, and toys since the child's birth ?
:confused:
Just because you chose to keep the child does not automatically make your ex 100% responsible for your medical costs, nor does it make him 100% responsible for the costs of raising your child.

You may certainly file for an order of Child Support (once you have established that the ex is the father of the child), and based on your petition and the resulting court action, the judge will decide just how much of the child's expenses will be borne by both you and the ex.

Last edited:

justalayman

the father can be held liable for the child's costs (well, a share of them). Your medical costs are your medical costs.

and what you do is file for child support for the other items mentioned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">