• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue fedex for failing to honor an insurance claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

viper6383

Kansas

I am sooooo torqued right now because there seems to be a HUGE problem in the shipping industry where shippers can just get away with tearing stuff up, charging people money for "insurance", then just not paying... I have followed procedure to the letter and have been shipping for years. They clearly screwed up, now they can just say "oh, sorry, we denied your claim" for whatever reason. Seems everyone gets hit with this at some point.

What I want to know is can I file in my own city against these people? I am confident that a judge would find in my favor but getting to that point is hard. I know their tactic, fedex just wants to see how many hurdles you can jump over before they cut a check. That simply is NOT right.....

viper6383

Well, it is always a packaging problem. To be honest, I am a structures engineer and I feel very comfortable presenting my load data on box and packing but these people do not listen to reason...

I have heard before where they want to deny a claim because it "was not in OEM packing".... I asked before, "where is that in your shipping criteria?"....crickets....

"If you guys pack it for me, will you use OEM packing?"....crickets....

I had an expensive device damaged by UPS where THEY packaged it and charge 50 bucks!!!!! Then they hassle us on damage. Really??? You packed it, you shipped it, you insured it, you damaged it, you pay.....

I realize there is a BUNCH of people trying to scam shippers but they need to figure it out because I am getting the short end of the stick here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">