• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue a mechanic for no work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

praman

I am here from Oklahoma.
I gave my car to a mechanic for transmission repairs. At first it was leaking, and later it burnt out. The mechanic took 1200$ to fix it and kept it for a month. He gave it back to me after a month. I drove it for a week and again the transmission blew up. He asked me to tow the car to his shop , but wanted me to pay for the tow. I agreed. Its now been 7 months that the mechanic has the car. I cant reach him on the phone, and when i go to his house, even though he is inside, would send his wife to recieve at the door and tell that he was not at home. I finally got him yesterday and told him that I need my car tomorrow or I would call the cops. He gave the car back to me today BUT IT IS STILL NOT FIXED. What should I do?

sandyclaus

Take the car to someone else to fix it. Then sue the bad mechanic in Small Claims Court for what he charged you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">