• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue for motorcycle/dog accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zenwarrior2003

What is the name of your state? Michigan
A dog crossing the road caused me to have an accident on my motorcycle, about $2,500 damage to the cycle. I only have the minimum state required insurance. A police report and written report to the County Ordinance Enforcement Div. were submitted. A ticket for unleashed/wandering dog was issued by the Ordinance Div. I took pictures of where it happened, the damage to the motorcycle and road abrasions to myself. Would I have a case in small claims court?

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? Michigan
A dog crossing the road caused me to have an accident on my motorcycle, about $2,500 damage to the cycle. I only have the minimum state required insurance. A police report and written report to the County Ordinance Enforcement Div. were submitted. A ticket for unleashed/wandering dog was issued by the Ordinance Div. I took pictures of where it happened, the damage to the motorcycle and road abrasions to myself. Would I have a case in small claims court?
Well, you can not sue the dog as the defendant, so, who would you sue?
Who was the ticket issued to?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">