• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued by ex landlord...dont think i have to pay it all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mxchick84

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

I have recently moved out of my old apartment after owing backrent to my landlord of a total of 880 dollars. i made an agreement with said landlord to pay a certain amount every week and signed a paper saying i would do this.

i received a summons in the mail today that she is taking me to court for the backrent and other charges. she is charging me for paint and the price is too much. she is also charging me for the bathroom that i tried fixing up. i tore up the old tiles and tried putting down new ones. they had planned on tearing up the bathroom anyways so they said not to worry about paying them for that since they were going to do it anyways. they also stated that they were going to take pictures and that i agreed to that, which i had never agreed to. the only thing i signed about was paying the back rent and the door. they never gave me a copy of that signing either. is there a chance i wont have to pay for everything else and just have to pay for the backrent and door?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">