• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued my health insurance provider (Anthem BlueCross/BlueShield) and won

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

braindead0

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Just thought I'd post a success story. In short Anthem dropped the ball (repeatedly) on surgery pre-certification. I paid out of pocket (pain will do that, and luckily I had savings to cover it) and spent several months trying to get reimbursed. Ended up taking them to Small Claims court, they hired an attorney who tried to get me to sign away my rights to future recovery for pretty much anything directly or INDIRECTLY related to the type of surgery I had (not that specific instance).

I ended up getting full reimbursement (+ court costs) and gave up nothing at all. (settled about a week prior to court date)

I've got a more detailed write up in my blog, not sure if posting that would be appropriate so feel free to search or PM if you want details.

I figured a 'happy ending' story might encourage others, if you have a good case and have truly been wronged.. hold the wrongdoers accountable no matter how big or seemingly out of reach they may appear. And do not compromise, if your case is sound stand your ground (hey, it rhymes ;-)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">