• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued over a Dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Randy71

What is the name of your state? Virginia

The short version:

16 year old Son buys dog from friend for $10 dollars.

My wife gets home from work and say no you can not have a dog. Take him back.

Son takes dog back and ask the kid if he would hold on to the dog to see if his mom would allow him to keep it . If not he will find a good home for it.

My son goes back next day after school get the dog back home were he called someone that really wanted the dog and would take care of it.

Dog is now in the hands of the new owner.

Original owners kids mom comes over and says she wants the dog back because my son said he was going to either keep it or see if the lady accross the street wanted her.

Shorter version....I said I dont care what was said at your house. The bottom line is the dog goes to a good home, right? She said yes, and left.

30 minutes later she's back with her husband. Wants the dog back. I told her that I thought we had this fixed. No she has a story that she has someone that will take it. I again told hetr the dog now has a good home.

Husband says, you will hear from my Lawyer.

I confussed. What could I get sued for?

Son bought the dog 10 dollars and found a good home for it.

Additionally, I found out that the dog was never really the property of the other kid anyway. He was watching the dog for the orginal owner. Which happens to be my suns best friend. And yes we did ask the orignal owner if he wanted us to get the dog back for him and he said now thats OK because it went to a good home.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks,
Randy

O

OnlyOneVoice

I doubt anything will happen. It looks like a transaction among kids which is hardly binding on anyone.

HomeGuru

Well dog gone it, the transaction was done with all kids right? And we are talking about a measly $10 right? They are barking up the wrong tree. Woof woof.

signed,
Scooby Doo

R

Randy71

I figured as much......any chance of the parents turning this into something bigger?

Randy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">