• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued by Psycho - what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lil_gator

Judgment in favor of psycho June 20th in LOUISIANA.

Ok, 1st I do have ALL INTENTIONS OF PAYING MY DEBT.

2nd. At the trial i agreed to pay $50. a week until my $694.00 plus LEGAL INTEREST and court costs are paid.
what is legal interest?

3rd. I was told I had 15 days to appeal, does this not give me 15 days to start also coming up with the money ?? Or should psycho have received a $50 payment the following week?

4. Mrs. Psycho agreed to $50 a week, but sent me a letter dated June 23rd stating "This is to notify you that I have filed with Jeff Parish Mortgage and Conveyers on your property. According to what we agreed I should receive a $50. payment each Monday starting 6/27 until the amount is paid off ... I spoke to an attorney already, to follow through if payments aren't made. I work at 1527 Allo St. in Marrero, Monday thru Friday 9-5:30. There will be a receipt book ready for you if I am not there. Someone will write you a receipt."
A. I never said monday... I don't even get money until Thursday, therefore she would get paid Friday.
B. I am NOT going to her work or there will be a murder trial! I made arrangements with the judge to make payments at the court to be recorded.
C. Does she have the right to start harrassing me already? via placing liens before I even had the opportunity to pay her ? I haven't even cashed my damn check!
D. I think the $50 was more than I can handle weekly. How can I change this amount to bi-weekly?

5. Since the 23rd she has called my work 2x , showed up at my workplace once (I specifically asked her to NOT go to my job where I didn't want everyone knowing my personal business) and called my home 6x this 4th of JULY, A HOLIDAY!! Left me three messages at home! She said If i don't call her tomorrow she is going to pursue other means! What ELSE? Garnish my Commission??? I am strictly commission, can she do that??? This lady is nuts! 15 days have not passed, I feel I need a friggin restraining order! The 29th I got a money order I planned to bring to the judge the 1st until i realized she sent me this letter and showed up at my work. I am FURIOUS!!!!! I said I would pay!
Do I have grounds for a peace bond?
Do I have grounds for an appeal ?
Do I have anything? or can she immediately attack like this???
I am going to pay her in hairy pennies!
record that !!

teflon_jones

When does your payment agreement say the first payment is due? If it doesn't say, I would assume that the first payment was due within one week of the judgement being rendered. Until an appeal is won, or at least until a judge puts the first judgement on hold pending the appeal, you need to comply with it.

If it doesn't specify a day of the week, then you must pay it weekly before the end of the day of the judgement against you. For instance, let's say the judgement was granted on a Thursday. You must pay the other party by the end of the day on the following Thursday. Whether you pay it earlier is up to you.

If you made arrangements with the judge to pay somewhere, that's where you pay or else you're not complying with the agreement. Is this part of the written agreement, or just oral?

She has no right to harass you for payment, even if you don't abide by the agreement. She needs to take you back to court. You can file a restaining order against her if you want to go that route. Your debt and her actions are separate issues, so don't use her bad behavior as an excuse not to pay.

lil_gator

LeGal InTeReSt ? ?

LA

What is legal interest in Louisiana ?
and How do I change the amount in which I pay ?

Should I answer this lady's call?
thanx for your reply

teflon_jones

In Louisiana, the legal rate of interest is one point over the average prime rate, not to exceed 14% nor be less than 7%. Usury limit for individuals is 12%, there is no limit for corporations.

To change the amount you pay you'll have to appeal the decision and get it changed.

I would not answer her calls. You've had a judgement granted and you need to abide by that. If it's been more than 7 days since the judgement and you haven't yet paid the $50, you need to ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">