• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued by your lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ezzor1

What is the name of your state? Pa

I finished with a case a few months ago. My lawyer came up with a lot of extra charges after the case was over, that i refuse to pay. He is threatening to sue me. If i lose the case do i have to pay court costs? pay for his time?

If i have to pay court costs, how to i find out how much they are?

I paid a $2500 retainer for a custody case. We had 3 days in court. The night before our second day he told me i owe $1200 more before the second day even began. Then after the 3rd day in court he sends me a bill for another $2400 for a total of $6100.

He now breaks down the charges , but adds a total of 2 hours onto our actual court time, charges from phone calls and messages, travel time for meeting me to sign papers, and $75 for getting 6 pictures copied. I didn't win anything in court, and wasn't told about any extra charges until after it was half over.

I have paid him $4000 , but i don't feel that some of the charges are legitimate .

Last edited:

HomeGuru

ezzor1 said:
What is the name of your state? Pa

I finished with a case a few months ago. My lawyer came up with a lot of extra charges after the case was over, that i refuse to pay. He is threatening to sue me. If i lose the case do i have to pay court costs? pay for his time?

If i have to pay court costs, how to i find out how much they are?
**A: please explain the amount you paid or agrred to pay under the retainer agreement and list the extra charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">