• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sufficient evidence for verbal contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marthaa

In Feb I made and arrangement with a friend in which any help I gave financially would go towards services(tattoos). I have kept track of what's been given by me as well as what I've received in return(he knows this). A partially completed tattoo. Over the months I helped this person out I had given over $2200. In August I realized I didn't want this person as a friend anymore and I asked for a receipt. He refused. Things got really heated on both sides. He threatened to tell my boss I was stealing from my work, which I wasn't. And it just got worse from there. Now my concern is I have no evidence that a contract was initiated because it was a verbal one. I do, however, have evidence in which he's admitted I've loaned him money...his words. I have evidence with all his vindictive statements saying I'm being a *** just by asking for a receipt and his threats...him also saying if I continue to be "this way" I'll get nowhere. I also have evidence of him lying to a judge for a restraining order I tried to get against him. Even with all this I am afraid it won't be enough simply because I have no proof that a deal was ever initiated. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

cosine

In what form is all this evidence? My concern is whether this evidence is good enough to bring to court and withstand the other party's evidence to the contrary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">