• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing for damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edscheibe

Waukegan, Illinois.
I took my vehicle to Amoco Transmission in Waukegan, Ill. to have diagnostic work done. After the work was done, I drove away from there shop. I got about 3 blocks down the road and my hood flew up almost causing me to have a accident. I got my vehicle off the right of way into a parking lot and called the shop to let them know what they forgot to do and what damage they caused. The manager told me that they would take care of all the damages. They got a estimate of over 1200 dollars to repair my vehicle. I got one for $814.09 and told them that we will use that one and save them some money. They submitted all the paper work, so they say, to there insurance company and that they will cut the check to me. I have waited almost three months to get any compensation from them or there insurance company. I called the Better Business Burea, Amoco Corporate, the shop, and the owner of the shop many many times. I dont get any help from none of them. My question is, can I sue for more money because I have waited so long for payment. They dont dispute the damage. They just dont want to pay for some reason. I have exhausted every avenue I have other than using the courts. The law allows them to charge a storage fee everyday you dont pick up your vehicle, so why cant I sue for more than the estimate. If that is possible, what law does that fall under? I am not trying to sue for tens of thousands of dollars but just a couple thousand for the repairs and all the grief I have been put through.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

Sue for actual damages , court cost & any other fees the court deems appropriate and fit .

Do you have anything in writing saying they will pay X amount ?

edscheibe

I have there corporate office involved and the owner of the shop told them they are going to pay the estimate of repair. The owner told me that it would only take 7 to 10 days to recieve payment from there insurance company. I am still waiting. They arent disputing the claim. They are just not paying it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">