• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing for fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NJPJFan

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was conned out of $300 for tickets to a sporting event...not to mention the cost of the trip and getting other tickets...

The man was arrested and I want my money back...1) what are the chances of getting restitution and 2) can I sue him in New Jersey or California?

Thanks in advance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Chances of getting restitution depends on whether you can prove your case or whether the criminal court orders it if it proven there. Why the differences in state? Where does he live? Where do you live? Where did this take place?

NJPJFan

Ohiogal said:
Chances of getting restitution depends on whether you can prove your case or whether the criminal court orders it if it proven there. Why the differences in state? Where does he live? Where do you live? Where did this take place?
I have all the documentation...emails, phone records, cancelled check.

He lives in California and I'm in New Jersey. It was done via internet from a classified ad.

Would I have to file paperwork in California or could I file from New Jersey?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">