• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing for Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisa714

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
My boyfriend and I feel that we are being harassed by his ex wife. She uses their son as "bait" so that she can see my boyfriend and try to persuade him to come back to her. Everytime he waves off her advances, she gets offended and files a police report. She first got a protective order and everytime after that, she files a complaint that he violated the protective order. The protective order only says he can't threaten her or harm her, he is still allowed to contact her to see his son. He has since stopped doing that and tries to go through family and friends to see his son. He's is going back to court to get the child support and visitation altered. When she found this out, she filed a police report for violation again.
still with me? I know. She's psycho. Anyway, that's all his junk he needs to deal with. As for me:
She has written my name on the bathroom walls of bars, along with my phone number. I've gotten pictures of a few and its definitely her handwritting. Just recently she sent me explicit text messages saying they were from my boyfriend to her. I checked the phone bill and not a single one is correct.

Do I have a good case for harassment? I feel that by suing her, its the only way she'll leave me alone and stop trying to pull me into her sick games. ANY suggestions would be welcome. And trust me the "ignore her and she'll eventually go away" advice has been tried. This has been going on for a year and a half.

VeronicaLodge

sounds like everyone needs a little dose of growing up. how/why does she have your phone number anyway? change it and then the numbers on the bathroom walls wont matter anymore

Lisa714

I would love for everyone to get their growing up dosage. I have changed my number. We know the same people and somehow she got it again. I don't know who gave it to her and I've asked people not to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">