• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing HP for a manufacture dfect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D.Ookami

i bought my HP laptop "HP Pavilion dv9700" online, got it sent to NY two years ago.

a year ago i noticed the "Overheat" problem, i contact HP, they advice me with a "BIOS update" to force the fan to run faster, (only know i know this was just a temporary fix that ruins the laptop overall power too)

so only recently, i started playing a few games, then suddenly got a bluescreen, tried every possible thing "roll back driver, safe mood, recovery format, update driver" .. only to find out that my videocard is burned.

after a small research online,
i found out that My HP laptop has been proven to be made with a manufactur defect>>"judging it's current condition"
this manufacture defect effects the Overheat, the video card, and can burn it completely.

Now the Laptop is damaged, i can't start it if the videocard driver is installed, unless it'll be restarting after each start, on the other hand, right now, i'm able to start my pc without installing the videocard driver, but i can't run games and most of softwares that depend on the videocard,

can i sue them and get compensation, an equeally created laptop "but without the videocard faluire"

if yes, what should i do, can you prefeare a laywer, is it true that some laywers can take the case and accept 25% of the compensation? ,, where can i find them ,, sorry i'm a total noob when it get to this.

thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

i bought my HP laptop "HP Pavilion dv9700" online, got it sent to NY two years ago.

a year ago i noticed the "Overheat" problem, i contact HP, they advice me with a "BIOS update" to force the fan to run faster, (only know i know this was just a temporary fix that ruins the laptop overall power too)

so only recently, i started playing a few games, then suddenly got a bluescreen, tried every possible thing "roll back driver, safe mood, recovery format, update driver" .. only to find out that my videocard is burned.

after a small research online,
i found out that My HP laptop has been proven to be made with a manufactur defect>>"judging it's current condition"
this manufacture defect effects the Overheat, the video card, and can burn it completely.

Now the Laptop is damaged, i can't start it if the videocard driver is installed, unless it'll be restarting after each start, on the other hand, right now, i'm able to start my pc without installing the videocard driver, but i can't run games and most of softwares that depend on the videocard,

can i sue them and get compensation, an equeally created laptop "but without the videocard faluire"

if yes, what should i do, can you prefeare a laywer, is it true that some laywers can take the case and accept 25% of the compensation? ,, where can i find them ,, sorry i'm a total noob when it get to this.

thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
First you contact HP .

See if they'll replace it with a refurbished ,similarly in quality.

If they refuse ,file a complaint with your Office of Attorney general - consumer affairs .

Be sure to provide them with you findings about the issue .

Are you sure there just is not an updated driver that will work ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">