• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing an LLC question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

67impala

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My mother owned a single family row home in Flushing, NY. The homes are attached (row homes). She was hospitalized in 2008. The owner of the home next door formed an LLC and put the property next door under the LLC. They proceeded to convert it to a 3-family and built it up. In doing so, they covered my mother's chimney partially and used stove piping cemented to the flue and hanging over my mothers roof. They never got anything in writing from my mother to do this. She has since passed away and I am in the process of probate and will be repairing the house and selling it. I will not be able to get a certificate of occupancy with the chimney like that. Costs to repair it will be around $10,000. That will include repairs and running stove piping up the side of the 3-family building and above the roof line. I have pictures available.

How do I go about suing the owners of the 3-family, and in what court?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">