• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing for lost wages and out of pocket expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

btmcneilpaul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My car was parked along with 3 others when a drunk driver hit the cars and took off. Luckily the cops were able to catch him. The problem is the person that was driving the car, it wasn't his car he borrowed the car from the person that owns it. Now do to that I lost wages and other out of pocket expenses. totaling close to 2000.00 dollars. I believe I have the right back to my money and have proof. I just want to know do I sue both the owner of the car and the person that was driving to get my lost wages and other out of pocket expenses. The car accident happened on December 14, 2008.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My car was parked along with 3 others when a drunk driver hit the cars and took off. Luckily the cops were able to catch him. The problem is the person that was driving the car, it wasn't his car he borrowed the car from the person that owns it. Now do to that I lost wages and other out of pocket expenses. totaling close to 2000.00 dollars. I believe I have the right back to my money and have proof. I just want to know do I sue both the owner of the car and the person that was driving to get my lost wages and other out of pocket expenses. The car accident happened on December 14, 2008.
Yes, sue the driver and the owner. However, you won't get lost wages. Your "out of pocket" recovery will depend on WHAT out of pocket items you are claiming.

racer72

You "chose" to miss work, the accident was not the direct cause of the lost wages. There were other options, bus, bike, taxi, hitchhiking, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">