• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing a mechanic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xansmama

What is the name of your state? AZ

Back in February my husband and I hired a auto repair shop to fix somethings on our car and repaint it.
We still haven't gotten it back. Calls are made almost daily to find out the status and everytime we call it is something new. They messed up the paint, they are waiting on some part, they have to fix this and that, etc. The owner always promises to call us back and never does.
We were finally told that car was supposed to be finished on 8/17.
When we went to get it, we found out that while attempting to tow it back from one of their other shops, the tow guy attached the cable incorrectly and pulled the bumper off.
So now he needs to get a new bumper/fender and fix the paint job.
Since I have yet to see the car I cannot confirm that any of the repairs were actually completed. For all I know it has been sitting around collecting dust for 6 months.
Do we have any sort of legal recourse here or is he just guilty of massive incompetence?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You let the car sit there for 6 months? I'm willing to bet there's alot more to this story...

In any case - get your car back and then sue for what you feel you are entitled to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">