• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing my ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wkndjohn2

Maryland
My 2011 Maryland State tax was intercepted by Maryland Central Collections Unit for an uninsured vehicle that I was the primary owner with my girlfriend as the co-owner. A payment plan was set up with CCU and when we broke up we split our debts and she agreed make the payments because she kept the vehicle. She has been making the payments since the split as agreed for over a year. With the seizure of my tax return the debt to Maryland has been paid off she refuses however to reimburse me for the 1000.00 that was intercepted. Should I sue her and will I have a chance in small claims court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maryland
My 2011 Maryland State tax was intercepted by Maryland Central Collections Unit for an uninsured vehicle that I was the primary owner with my girlfriend as the co-owner. A payment plan was set up with CCU and when we broke up we split our debts and she agreed make the payments because she kept the vehicle. She has been making the payments since the split as agreed for over a year. With the seizure of my tax return the debt to Maryland has been paid off she refuses however to reimburse me for the 1000.00 that was intercepted. Should I sue her and will I have a chance in small claims court?
Yes, you can sue (should you sue is not something we can answer).
Your written agreement will go a long way towards proving your case.
Will you have a chance? Yes - but there is no way any of us can predict your odds of success.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">