• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing someone if you dont know where they live?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DryFlyRy

MASS:

How do I go about filing a claim in small claims court if I dont know where the person lives. They recently up and left their apartment and screwed me out of a great deal of money. I have proof of everything and it would be an open and closed case if I could ever get it into the court room but I just dont know where this person took off to. Should I file now and continue my search and slap the papers in his face if I run into him, or do I wait until I find where he is first and then file the suit?

HomeGuru

MASS:

How do I go about filing a claim in small claims court if I dont know where the person lives. They recently up and left their apartment and screwed me out of a great deal of money. I have proof of everything and it would be an open and closed case if I could ever get it into the court room but I just dont know where this person took off to. Should I file now and continue my search and slap the papers in his face if I run into him, or do I wait until I find where he is first and then file the suit?
**A: hunt him down first.

DryFlyRy

How long would I have to find him before the court considers it too long a period of time between the date of the incident and the date I file the charges?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">