• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing someone in small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mokie D.

What is the name of your state? california. in 1998 a friend asked me to write a check for her to a dealer ship as a promissary note and she would pick the check up the next day when she took them cash. now here it is 5 years later i have been contacted by a collection agency that stated that i was in collections for this debt. i have tried on numerous occassions to contact this person regarding this issue but the one time we talked she stated that she would send me money every other week to pay off this debt but to date nothing has been sent and now she will not return my calls. what can i do, the only evidence i have is her call on my voicemail stating that she is sending me some of the money that she owes.

JETX

Sorry, but there is nothing that you can do. The statute of limitations on forcing her to pay you has expired long ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">