• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing someone while deployed in the army

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bd7082

I worked for someone in 2011 and he ended up owing me $5000 but never paid me. Officially I was never on his books as and employee I was sub contractor. I tried going the dpartment of labor but since I was not a true employee they didn't help me. the company was not large it employed about 5 people and was ran out his apartment. I did paperwork mostly and organized things behind the scenes, despite my efforts he ran the company into the ground in about 3 months. he took no real legal action just changed the corporation name and closed his bank accounts then moved outta state. He ended up owing his employees about $30,000 which he never paid anyone, I have him admitting via email that he owes my money along with a promisary letter saying he owes me money (the exact amounts) he doesn't deny owing he just says "I can't pay you the company is finished". I'm currently in germany I'm serving in the US Army. is there any way I can sue him or take any legal action while deployed while stationed overseas?

the state this took place in was illinois he currently lives in georgia

bd7082

I talk to a few they said it wasn't worth their time and its a small claim. all I need is to file a suit and represent me in small claims court

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">