• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing Wedding Photographer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lalabrown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)

Hello,

I'm looking for some helpful advice on how to proceed with my situation.

I hired a wedding photographer for my wedding in Aug 2012, he also did an engagement shoot for us June 2012 and we received those pictures within a couple of weeks. Now for my wedding, we paid him two payments totalling $500 the rest is due when we receive the cd, problem is this photographer seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. He does not respond to phone calls or emails anymore, his voicemail box is always full so I'm unable to leave a message.

He then sends me a text after I texted him telling him that I plan to Sue, he sends me back a text saying I should meet him for my pictures, so I go to meet him feeling relieved that I finally get to have my wedding photos and the photographer stood me up, did not show to the meeting that he set up!...and once again, I'm unable to reach him.

I have now found reviews online that have recently been posted Oct 2012 with two other people complaining about him doing the same thing to them in which I've printed out to use as evidence, I have emails & text messages that I've sent him saved including the few that he's replied to.

What can I sue for, can I sue for more than what I've paid as a deposit....I will never get these memories back.

Thanks for reading,

L

Mass_Shyster

If you're in Massachusetts, sue for a violation of MGL 93A - Consumer protection. If the guy's name is Jesse, get on line - it's a long one.

Since you refused to answer the question about your state, maybe 49 other people can pipe up with suggestions from their states.

You Are Guilty

Since your photographer lived along the boardwalk in Atlantic City, I think your photos are the last thing he's worried about.

He does (did?) live in Atlantic City, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">