• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summon for a transferred credit card debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wowvargas

What is the name of your state? Florida

I get a papers for a summon pre trial conference,for a credit card debt in the amount of 1,126.The card was 300.00 originally.I stop to make payment on this and others credit cards because I get to a treatment for bi-polar disorder 3 years ago and I stop to work.I don;t have any properties and my income comes from my husband(350.00) per week.We have 3 childrens and the state paids for my treatment because I do not work.I get a copy of my credit report and this credit card and other one appers in the accounts in good standing part like this:Status: Transferred,closed. Why? What can this company called asset acceptance can do to me? they also send me papers offering me a "substancial" discount to paid the debt.I call this people and explain them my situation,but they don't care.I really don't have the money to paid them.Can someone explain me also,what is a judgment?Please help

Nonita:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">