• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons for unpaid hospital bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

martilulu

My son has a hospital bill from several months ago. He received a summons and a court date. At the time he went to the Emergency Room, he told them he did not have a job, had no insurance and that he had no money. We live in Missouri. He is 29 years old, and currently has a job.
Will he be forced to pay the bill?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

martilulu said:
My son has a hospital bill from several months ago. He received a summons and a court date. At the time he went to the Emergency Room, he told them he did not have a job, had no insurance and that he had no money. We live in Missouri. He is 29 years old, and currently has a job.
Will he be forced to pay the bill?
My response:

No. They're just suing him because they need the practice, and this is the only way they can see their old buddy, the judge.

Hello ?

Of course he has to pay !

You can't use services and goods in this life without paying. It's as if you were asking, "When I go to the grocery store, do I have to pay for the food ?"

No one owes your son medical services, and sometimes, life sucks. Join the club.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">