• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Take solicitors to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchelt

What is the name of your state? Colorado

The entrance to our neighborhood has 2 large brick/cement fancy lit up “signs”, that have the name of development and it also say’s No Soliciting.

I am so sick and tired of people coming to my house and either sticking advertisements on my door with tape, or sliding them in the screen door, or even taping ads to my garage door.

I was wondering if I could take a company to small claims court and charge them with something like not following the no solicitation sign, trespassing on my property or something else?

Also, can I put a small no solicitation sign on the side of my door that also mentions something like a $1000 fine?

I know this sounds crazy, but I hate these ads.

Thanks!

Mitch

HomeGuru

mitchelt said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

The entrance to our neighborhood has 2 large brick/cement fancy lit up “signs”, that have the name of development and it also say’s No Soliciting.

I am so sick and tired of people coming to my house and either sticking advertisements on my door with tape, or sliding them in the screen door, or even taping ads to my garage door.

I was wondering if I could take a company to small claims court and charge them with something like not following the no solicitation sign, trespassing on my property or something else?

Also, can I put a small no solicitation sign on the side of my door that also mentions something like a $1000 fine?

I know this sounds crazy, but I hate these ads.

Thanks!

Mitch
**A: is your development situated on private property? If so, install "No Trespassing, Abusers Shot!" signs.

JETX

"I was wondering if I could take a company to small claims court"
*** Of course you can certainly file a lawsuit against them. Anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything.
However, since they are NOT in violation of any laws, nor have you been damaged, you will not win.

"and charge them with something like not following the no solicitation sign,"
*** Nope. Unless there is a specific ordinance that prohibits the leaving of ads as you describe, there actions are simply a 'no-no'. But that does not incur legal damages on their part.

"trespassing on my property or something else?"
*** If your property is clearly signed as no trespassing, it would theoretically possible you might be able to get them criminally charged, but I would doubt that the police would take your complaint seriously.

"Also, can I put a small no solicitation sign on the side of my door that also mentions something like a $1000 fine?"
*** No. You have no legal right to impose a 'fine' on another party.

"I know this sounds crazy, but I hate these ads."
*** Just throw them away. They are clearly NOT worth the aggravation and ordeal of trying to sue or file criminal charges against them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">