• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taken Advantage of?....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Girloduval

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My car recently started doing this thing where it stalls out after 10 to 12 miles or so. It'll turn off but crank right back up a few minutes later. Well I got a diagnostic test done and recieved an estimate stating that my intake manifold gasket needed replaced. I decided to use this as a reference to shop around for a cheaper price. I ended up going to a place called B&W tires and auto because they quoted me at a cheaper price. I set up a day and time to go up there. I drove my car to the shop and upon arriving I informed them that I didn't have a ride home and if they couldn't accomodate me I would have to stick around until my car was finished. The guy went to go get the company truck but came back to tell me that he would need to drive me home in my own car. I reluctantly complied, as this is quite unothodox compared to service that I've experinced at previous auto shops. So he tallied up the labor and parts for my car and I paid them before I left. He took me home (in my own car). I recieved a call a few hours later of them telling me that the reason why my car was acting up was because it needed a tune up and if I didn't have it serviced my engine would blow. So I authorized them to fix it. I planned on picking my car up the next day but never got a call from these people, so I called them. They tell me that they don't know what's wrong with my car, it will not start up at all. The guy started quoting prices for blown head repairs, assuming I would authorize that as well. I know a little about cars enough to know that if my head was blown it wouldn't be driveable, period. SO I'm trying to get to the bottom of the situation. Is it blown? Are you all trying to take advantage of me because I'm a woman? What is it? Other than it staling out after a few miles of driving, it started up fine and drove fine. Now it will not even start and these people say it's at no fault to them. I told them I will not pay anymore money until my car is fixed. At this point they took everything off my car that they fixed and told me to have it towed. Mind you, I've already paid them for the intake manifold gasket replacemnt. I want to know if I have a small claims case against them. My car is worst of now than it was before I gave them the keys.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">