• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking legal action against out of state customers for bounced checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wetgrinder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

We have a small business in Georgia. A couple from Alabama gave a check for $350 that bounced. Do I take legal action against them in GA or in AL?

Another customer gave credit card info to be used if the check does not show up in 2 weeks. the check never came. credit card has been declined (eventhough it was approved when we tried the first time - we voided the transaction since the check was promised). The amount is more than $3000. The customer lives in NJ and the products were shipped to PA, where they have the business. Where and how to I file and take legal action? Also do I file the claim against the business or person? we got the customer's personal credit card for the purchase and the product is used for the business. What if the customer has moved?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">