• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking would be landlord to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paugh

ok could someone answer this question for me, i looked all around the net cant find any thing similar to it to help me ok heres what happened: back in september i really needed to find a place to rent for 2- 3 months or so until i could find a place to buy i found a place talked to the landlord it sounded good gave him 2 months rent plus deposit he gave me the key, it took me about 4-5 days to pack up my stuff and i was ready to move in i went to the house to look to see where i was going to put my stuff and i found a 1 year lease (and i never signed it) laying on the kitchen counter for me to sign well i didnt want to be trapped renting for 1 year so i called him and told him i decided not to take it and would like my money refunded, he said it would be hard to do and he would look for someone else to rent it to to get my money back so i called him about twice aweek through oct he kept giving me excuses so, i filed the claim in small claims court in kenton ohio could someone give me an opinion of what they think will happen ? also i do have the reciept and lease showing i never signed it.

Last edited:

BL

You and your landlord created a month to month .

You gave him money for rent , and the LL gave you keys to take possession .

Did you give the LL the rental keys ?

Did the LL take back possession of the rental ?

Read through here .

Ohio Security Deposits

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">