• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tattoo a mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inkywalnut74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Recently I went and got a tattoo. IT was on my left forearm. While the artist was coloring it I pointed out spots that he missed. He told me that the ink was there the area needed to heal. He told me to come back in 2 weeks. He stressed 2 weeks 3 different times.

Once the 2 weeks came to fruition, I went back. The tattoo has ink missing throughout the entire tattoo. It looks terrible.

I went back to have it fixed. The artist was rude and told me he didn't take walk-ins or repairs Thurs-Sat. HUH? I walked in on a Thursday for my tattoo. I was told to come back Mon-Wed.

I went back in on Wednesday. He was sitting on a couch with his laptop. The minute he saw me he rolled his eyes. Said he had a customer coming in 30 minutes he couldn't do it. Seriously, this tattoo repair would take less than 10 minutes. IT only took 15 minutes for it originally. I explained that to him. I also told him that if his new client was coming in 30 minutes he would have time. That is when he told me that the customer could come anytime between now and 30 minutes. He refused to fix it. I was again, told to come back the following week.

I did just that. Again, he wouldn't fix it.

This isn't my 1st tattoo. I have 6 others. This was my first time going there. There weren't any bad reviews that I could find on them.

Can I sue for the cost of the repair? It will cost at a minimum 100 for a different parlor to fix since it isn't their work. I would also like to know if I can sue for the original amount since it was substandard.

Thanks

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Recently I went and got a tattoo. IT was on my left forearm. While the artist was coloring it I pointed out spots that he missed. He told me that the ink was there the area needed to heal. He told me to come back in 2 weeks. He stressed 2 weeks 3 different times.

Once the 2 weeks came to fruition, I went back. The tattoo has ink missing throughout the entire tattoo. It looks terrible.

I went back to have it fixed. The artist was rude and told me he didn't take walk-ins or repairs Thurs-Sat. HUH? I walked in on a Thursday for my tattoo. I was told to come back Mon-Wed.

I went back in on Wednesday. He was sitting on a couch with his laptop. The minute he saw me he rolled his eyes. Said he had a customer coming in 30 minutes he couldn't do it. Seriously, this tattoo repair would take less than 10 minutes. IT only took 15 minutes for it originally. I explained that to him. I also told him that if his new client was coming in 30 minutes he would have time. That is when he told me that the customer could come anytime between now and 30 minutes. He refused to fix it. I was again, told to come back the following week.

I did just that. Again, he wouldn't fix it.

This isn't my 1st tattoo. I have 6 others. This was my first time going there. There weren't any bad reviews that I could find on them.

Can I sue for the cost of the repair? It will cost at a minimum 100 for a different parlor to fix since it isn't their work. I would also like to know if I can sue for the original amount since it was substandard.

Thanks
**A: yes you can sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">