• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Protection order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RHJPGS

What is the name of your state? CO

I filed for a temporary protection order last month against someone that was harassing me.

I had a court date scheduled to go back in two weeks to prove my case and go for a permanent order.

In the meantime, this person went to a rehab for a year. So, I decided not to go for the permanent protection order.

I called the courts and told them that I wouldn't appear.

I got a call today from "civil claims officer" with a toll free 1-877 number (which was strange) and the lady said that I needed to get in touch with her right away because there was a attempted fraud affidavit file against me and she needed a statement from me or my lawyer.

I signed an affidavit in front of the magistrate when I went for the temporary.

Does this mean that they are wondering why I didn't show for the permanent protection order court date? Cuz I was told that if I didn't show, the order would be dropped.

If anyone could please answer this for me, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

JETX

RHJPGS said:
Does this mean that they are wondering why I didn't show for the permanent protection order court date? Cuz I was told that if I didn't show, the order would be dropped.
We have sent your question off to Madam Tashia, the world famous internet psychic to see if she can guess an answer. However, she is out channeling for Whoopi Goldberg, who is trying to find out where she left her brain. In the meantime, we will try shaking the magic 8 ball. The answer: "Most assuredly!!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">