• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

test-1st didn't go thru

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please simply reply to this thread and make sure to include the name of your state. Don't use the "Preview" button - it's broken and eats posts. Also, don't post links, as they tend to cause posts to be flagged for review.

concordca

Where do I go from here?

(Florida) In a nutshell: Upstairs unit had an AC leak. Caused damaged in my unit. In contact with property manager by text (she will not return phn calls). She wanted to send "her guy" to make repairs but without a contract. Txted if her guy was licensed-no answer. I repeatedly texted her (& called) to get the repairs done with contract. Her guy calls to make an appt. for repairs. I ask him what he is going to repair. He only had a vague idea. Sorry, I need a contract. He said he thought I had one with PM. PM sent letter stating I need to "let her guy in" to make the repairs. I rec'd legal advice. Lawyer said send notice kindly stating damage, cost to repair and necessity of a contract, certified mail, to the owners. Request a response w/in 10 days. Certified ltr signed for. No response. Filed papers to sue the owners. Process server goes to owners address & the PM answers the door and states she does not know who those people are and that she lives at this address. Property records states the address is mailing address of unit owners. Letter the PM sent me is from the address the Proc Server went to. Now, I've left two messages in one week for Process Server-no response. Where do I go from here?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
(Florida) In a nutshell: Upstairs unit had an AC leak. Caused damaged in my unit. In contact with property manager by text (she will not return phn calls). She wanted to send "her guy" to make repairs but without a contract. Txted if her guy was licensed-no answer. I repeatedly texted her (& called) to get the repairs done with contract. Her guy calls to make an appt. for repairs. I ask him what he is going to repair. He only had a vague idea. Sorry, I need a contract. He said he thought I had one with PM. PM sent letter stating I need to "let her guy in" to make the repairs. I rec'd legal advice. Lawyer said send notice kindly stating damage, cost to repair and necessity of a contract, certified mail, to the owners. Request a response w/in 10 days. Certified ltr signed for. No response. Filed papers to sue the owners. Process server goes to owners address & the PM answers the door and states she does not know who those people are and that she lives at this address. Property records states the address is mailing address of unit owners. Letter the PM sent me is from the address the Proc Server went to. Now, I've left two messages in one week for Process Server-no response. Where do I go from here?
Your lawyer will be able to better advise you than an internet forum will...

IslandProcess

Re: Where do I go from here?

You need a process server that will communicate with you. Ask the process server for an affidavit of non-service, it's a signed statement describing the server's attempts to deliver your summons. If this is not provided, get your money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">