• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas contractor fired & now suing me/countersue how??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renniemommie

We hired a contractor to build a building, we paid him for the hours worked, but fired him before completion of the job due to shotty work and safety errors, etc. He found a attorney and is suing us for what he'd originally quoted us (although the job itself was drastically reduced from the original concept on the first day). I have no receipts for payment, although the amount I've paid does not seem to be the issue. He says we owe him more (plus attorney fees) from some imaginary contract I've never seen, so I doubt it's existance. His attorney is sending us letters demanding information like bank account numbers, etc. Our income is too high to qualify for help, although currently myself and my husband (the one being sued), are collecting unemployment. I want to counter sue and can't figure out how to do it. I'd rather just go to court and get it over with. Let them bring whatever they think they have. When we went to the courthouse they couldn't tell us how to do it. What now?

justalayman

even if he won, he would not be entitled to the full payment of the contract but the profit anticipated.

He says we owe him more (plus attorney fees) from some imaginary contract I've never seen, so I doubt it's existance.
You don't know if you signed a contract or not?

I want to counter sue and can't figure out how to do it
for what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">