• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Judgement Question-Another Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggingout

What is the name of your state? TX
This is a different case than the one I just posted yesterday. I live in Texas. I have a judgment against in individual for not paying me for work. I can now file a writ of execution against any real property owned by him. Here is my question. He owns a corporation with a partner which owns some real estate (2 lots in a local residential development). Do I need to sue the corporation now or do I need to attempt to file this writ of execution against this property or what. Where do I go from here or what would be the best course of action to persuade this person to pay up? I cannot find anything that he owns in his name other than this property.

JETX

He owns a corporation with a partner
Corporations are not OWNED by individuals.... they are owned by shareholders.

Do I need to sue the corporation now or do I need to attempt to file this writ of execution against this property or what.
Was your claim against the individual... or against the corporation?? If the corporation is not involved in your claim, you have no 'right' to bring an action against them.

Where do I go from here
Can't tell without knowing what you have done so far (where you ARE).

or what would be the best course of action to persuade this person to pay up?
There is no 'best course'... enforcing a judgment has lots of different processes. You have to review all of them... and take whatever action is best able to recover the most money.

I cannot find anything that he owns in his name other than this property.
Then you have a problem. Have you garnished his bank account(s)?? Have you had the sheriff or constable serve a writ of execution on him??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">