• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas rules of civil procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wizkid

What is the name of your state? texas
I have a small claims case coming up and on the web page for the court where my trial will be held, it says that the Texas rules of procedure apply. BUT, in the actual procedure (book) it says that the rules DO NOT apply in justice court. I called the court and the clerks had NO CLUE what I was talking about. I need to know because the defendant's lawyer asked for disclosure, which I complied with. When I returned the favor and requested disclosure from them, I GOT NO REPLY and the defendant's lawyer won't return my phone calls. Maybe he knows something about the Texas rules of civil procedure I don't. :) Can you tell me what that is? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">