• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ooma

On June 19, 1998, I loaned someone $4,000 to buy music equipment. Is it to late to file a small claims suit against him?

I have nothing in writing from him, I have a receipt with my credit card number on it. I have witnesses who knew about the loan. Also, I have a recorded phone call on audio tape (legal in Texas) in which he says he will pay me the money he owes me for the equipment. He has not paid anything yet!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ooma said:
On June 19, 1998, I loaned someone $4,000 to buy music equipment. Is it to late to file a small claims suit against him?

I have nothing in writing from him, I have a receipt with my credit card number on it. I have witnesses who knew about the loan. Also, I have a recorded phone call on audio tape (legal in Texas) in which he says he will pay me the money he owes me for the equipment. He has not paid anything yet!
My response:

It's a good thing you wrote to us !

Also, it's a good thing you have a tape recording of him.

You have 4 years from the date of the loan within which to bring a lawsuit.

It's time. Go get him ! File your Small Claims lawsuit as soon as possible. Go now !

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">