• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Text evidence sufficient?...Do you think I have a case.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Milly Miller

What is the name of your state? ALABAMA

I want to take a person to small claims court. I have a verbal agreement with them but they won't return my money. I am not out of alot of money but it is the principle of the matter. I would like my money returned. I have messages that they wrote claiming that they would pay me and then I have other messages that they wrote stating that I need to get another way becuase they are not going to pay me but none of the messages say an amount. I am sueing for 250 dollars. 100 dollars cash and 150 dollars for a bill i paid. I have the 150 on my bank account. the 100 i really don't have evidence of.

do I have a good case I know it's not solid but is it worth a try?

here are some of the messages I have....

I get paid on the 30th I will call you when checks come in.
Do not call me again get at courthouse
I do not have any money this month
I do not have it period

seniorjudge

If you are interested in the principle of the thing, then take them to federal court.

Small claims deals with money.

In general, small claims evidence rules are either nonexistent or rather loose.

So take the bad people to court and show your evidence and see what happens.

HomeGuru

If you are interested in the principle of the thing, then take them to federal court.

Small claims deals with money.

In general, small claims evidence rules are either nonexistent or rather loose.

So take the bad people to court and show your evidence and see what happens.
**A: hahaha, this a federal case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">