• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

That's it. I want to get my refund back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grignard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Long story short: I went to an eye doctor's office for my eye exam on 4/29. As of today, I am still on trial and the prescription is still wrong. I am waiting for the new trial to come in. It has been almost a week since the office manager ordered the 3rd trial and I keep hearing her said "it will arrive tomorrow" since Tuesday. I am fed up! If it doesn't arrive tomorrow by 1PM, I will call her and tell her to stop all ordering and processing, and I will see her in the court. I have following questions and would appreciate it if you can provide any insights.

- What evidence should I prepare? Also, when I talk to her tomorrow, should I record the conversation? (of course I will make her aware)

- Where else can I complain besides the small claim court? eg. Office of Attorney General, BBB (probably too late since I am about to sue the office), or any professional affiliation that the doctor holds. (so far I know he has AAO, ACS Fellow, AMA, Pennsylvania Medical Society, RKS...etc)

I believe I have the right to see doctor who can properly diagnose me and provide correct prescription. My intention is to get my refund back ($900 for both glasses and contacts that I have not received) and go somewhere else. I am tired of hearing any more lies and waiting weeks after weeks without getting my problem resolved.

JETX

- What evidence should I prepare?
Enough to win.
Seriously, without reviewing ALL the facts and actions, how would we know what you should present to court or not?

Also, when I talk to her tomorrow, should I record the conversation? (of course I will make her aware)
No.

Where else can I complain besides the small claim court? eg. Office of Attorney General, BBB (probably too late since I am about to sue the office), or any professional affiliation that the doctor holds. (so far I know he has AAO, ACS Fellow, AMA, Pennsylvania Medical Society, RKS...etc)
You can certainly file a complaint with all of those, plus more. Why not call Obama?? He helps lots of people. Or how about your local senator and/or congress-person??

I believe I have the right to see doctor who can properly diagnose me and provide correct prescription.
There is no such 'right' in the US Constitution. However, you do have the EXPECTATION of receiving competent care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">